Monday 28 January 2019

Wife Knows Best

Monday, 28th January:
Another shot of one of my favourite January plants. It’s Helleborus, otherwise known as Christmas Rose or Lenten Rose. There are three plants and it’s interesting to note that each plant, although exactly the same when they were planted, has grown differently. The one on the left is much smaller while the largest, healthiest one is on the right. Also worth noting is that there are seedlings growing through the gravel. It is very likely that these are baby Helleborus plants, but I’m not certain.
Finally, a little story to show just how wrong I get things sometimes. Last July, my wife cut these back very hard. Right to the ground, in fact. I was a bit annoyed because I was sure it was the wrong thing to do. Now, I am so glad she completed the massacre. Plants benefit from hard pruning at the right time. Wife knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.