Monday 1 June 2020

Moving From Here To There

1st June 2020
 
I returned to a small bit of writing here last week, and I am happy that I did. I like using Blogger to get my garden thoughts out of my head. However, I spent some time during the week trying to understand why I stopped writing for such a long time. There are several reasons, one of which relates to Blogger itself. So I moved all my garden furniture and tools over to another place on the other side of the street. While I was at it I renamed the blog to The Three Hairs. 

Of course, I will be leaving my garden memories here. I will not delete them, but going forward my little stories will be over at The Three Hairs Garden and my life blog at The Three Hairs and I hope you might like to join me at either or both.

One of my first posts there explains in some more detail why I moved, and the story behind why I chose The Three Hairs for my new writing arena, and I include it here by way of clarification and fun:
"Where did the name of my website The Three Hairs come from, you ask?

Youth hostelling with 6th class in Glencree in early eighties was MAGICAL… they were a great class, bubbly and interesting. One evening, after sausages & beans, a brave girl was pushed to deliver a message… I could see she was giddy yet nervous…

“Can we tell you your nickname, sir? Will you be cross?”

“I don’t know until you tell me”, says I.

And she hesitated and they all giggled madly.

“Well… OK. Your nickname is… Baldylocks and the Three Hairs.”

And she looked right at me hoping it was OK. Everyone was hushed, and I figured I’d think about it for a few seconds longer than necessary. Poor kids didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Then I just burst out laughing!
“Whoever thought up that name should get no homework tonight,” I says.
“But it’s Saturday,” they all sighed.
Those were the days teachers could bring kids away on trips. My memories of Wicklow are amazing."

Regards,

Baldylocks & The Three Hairs (aka Páraig)



So, it's goodbye from here. I'll be travelling over to the other side of the street. See you there!

Pádraig


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.